The competitive program is for the experienced foil fencer who wishes to train and prepare for local, regional and/or national competition.
Training is broken down into various seasonal “periods” wherein different aspects are targeted.
- Period 1: physical preparation: Strength, agility, stamina, speed etc.
- Period 2: perfecting fencing movements.
- Period 3: Controlled bouting. Mental Preparation. Managing expectations. Strategy and tactics.
- Period 4: Heavy bouting. Mental Preparation. Managing expectations. Strategy and tactics. We will attempt to reach peak performance for a specified tourney.
- Period 5: Rest, reflection and recovery.
Fencers may be requested to read certain books, maintain a personal workout/ fencing journal, purchase private lessons, and attend multiple classes and/or open fencing sessions regularly.